4.9.09

What's Wrong w/White?



So um...hi. Feeling a lil' neglected? Yeah, me too - BAH! I've been wrapped up in a fashionista's paradise with a new fashion fwd jobbie-poo. But this is besides the point. Well, actually it leads me to my point via a story.

I was promoting a beautiful WHITE hobo handbag to a clueless cutie-ba-tootie boy toy. He was wanting one for his BFF GF! The bag was a sealed deal bc it's seriously gorge! But his hang-up? The old wive's tale: "NO WHITE AFTER LABOR DAY!" gimick.

So whadda ya think, lil' fashionistas? Can you wear white after L-day? My answer is short n' sweet: HOLLA Yeah!

BUT... be cautious of materials... thin linen white? Um...wrongo! But you get the pic.

What's your take? Spill it!

2 comments:

Em said...

i asked my grandma this at easter brunch at the club this year. she is my ultimate source for etiquitte in EVERY arena. she declares that it is now "acceptable" (her words exactly) to wear white any time of year. i was very excited, and still a bit timid over the whole thing...

The Ince's said...

I'm just catching up on your blog... and I believe that you can wear white anytime of the year! Ummm, hello... people where white all the time in the winter, and that's after L-day!