30.10.09

Mommy Needs a Moment


Well in the time I've been away, I've got myself wrapped up in becoming a mommy to be! Yes, it's true, lil' miss priss is gonna have a lil' lovie! Awww, I know...so presh! Now not only will I have to worry about me being fabby from H2T but also my rugrat! So in honor of mwah and all those other Mommy's out there. This post is dedicated to you and your mad dash to take a moment to unwind.

Here's How...

1) Repair Your Hair:
My MIL taught me this AMAZING trick for getting perfectly conditioned WITH the va-va-voolume! Shampoo your hair using a clarifying shampoo (I prefer Aveda's Scalp Benefits). Rinse and ring out the water in your hair. Then apply your conditioner (all over including the roots...gasp! I know...normally a major no no). Let it sit for a few minutes and then rinse. Shampoo your hair again focusing on the scalp but not so much the ends. When you rinse, your hair will still feel silky soft. Once you blow dry and style you'll really see the results! Thanks, Nana!

2) Soothe Your Senses:
Heat up some water in a pot or micro until almost bowling. Pour it into a large bowl and add a few drops of your favorite essential oil (i heat eucalyptus or lavender). Lean your freshly washed face over the bowl and allow the steam to penetrate your skin. The oils will calm your senses at the same time!

3) Freshen That Face:
After your "steam" treatment apply a clay based mask to really get a clean glow!

4) Buff Before Bed:
Uh, say what? You heard me...even if you don't have time for a whole kit and kaboodle pedicure you can soften those tired toes. Soak your twinkle-toes in warm water for ~ 5 mins. Then buff using a handle buffer to smooth away rough skin. Layer on the thick stuff moisturizer and slide into some comfy socks before you hit the hay!

No comments: